Applicants interested in entering the world of currencies & commodities trading, gaining on the job experience and becoming properly CFTC-registered (i.e. U.S. licensed) Commodity Futures & Options and Forex Traders, Brokers and/or Asset Managers: enter this program. Applicants do not need to be Business or Finance majors! They can be, but it is not a Must! To take advantage of this Program participants come to Broker Junction’s office location in the Financial District of NY (across from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York). This service opens doors to banking and finance companies.
NOTE: Due to the pandemic, all internship positions will currently be remote until further notice.
You will assist with:
- - Producing educational webinar materials.
- - Data entry.
- - Scheduling appointments with clients for senior brokers.
- - Administrative tasks (strong MS Office skills required).
- - Conduct market research to prepare reports based on current market trends and latest topics.
- - Analyze daily charts of various futures and FX contracts and make trading forecasts based on support and resistance points.
- - Get first exposure to trading futures and options contracts in your demo/simulation account.
- - Get first exposure to trading forex contracts in your demo/simulation account.
For those qualified and interested in becoming CFTC-registered and licensed as commodities and currencies brokers and/or asset managers, we offer the following opportunity:
- - Study for Series 3 (Commodity Futures & Options) and Series 34 (Forex) and take your exams to acquire in-depth knowledge of FX / Futures / Options trading.
- - Upon passing both exams, get registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) with Broker Junction as your sponsoring company. Note: No sponsor, no CFTC - registration!
- - Upon passing both exams, become a member of the National Futures Association (NFA) with Broker Junction as your sponsoring company.
Cost: $1650, of which $500 will be used to open your own personal trading account. Any realized profit (or loss) is yours to keep.
FYI: It takes 4 weeks and 4 hours per day of studying to prepare for Series 3 and 2 weeks to study for Series 34!
Additional Costs (not paid to Broker Junction) are:
- - FINRA exam registration for Series 3: $130 (paid by students to FINRA)
- - Study Material for Series 3: $185 (paid by students to the study material provider you googled)
- - NFA Membership and CFTC registrations fee: $85 (paid by students to NFA)
- - Fingerprints: $30 (paid by students to a fingerprinting service provider)
- - Anti-Money Laundering Course: $25
- - Cybersecurity Course: $35
- - Ethics Course: $75
- - FINRA exam registration for Series 34: $85 (paid by students to FINRA)
- - Study Material for Series 34: $90 (paid by students to the study material provider you googled)
Exams are administered all over the U.S. but also in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Beijing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, and many other international locations. This service opens doors to banking and finance companies.
Benefits for “Licensing & Registration” participants are:
- - As a registered Associate Person you are allowed to be compensated by Broker Junction on a commission per trade basis
- - You can list your highly specialized qualification as a Futures/Options/FX industry professional (i.e. Trader, Broker, Asset Manager) on your CV and resume.
- - You will be registered with the CFTC by Broker Junction as so-called “Associated Persons” (i.e. employees) of Broker Junction, Series L.L.C.
- - You gain a competitive advantage to distinguish yourselves thanks to your CFTC-registration as junior traders, brokers and asset managers from other job applicants when you go to job interviews at major U.S. and/or international (financial) companies.